Why Donate a Wedding Dress to Cherished Gowns UK?
After getting married it is tradition to keep your wedding dress for many reasons. Historically they are made in to a christening gown for your children, kept for your daughter wear, or boxed up and safely stored away as a memento of your special day. In reality most Wedding dresses end up hanging in your wardrobe taking up space or left unloved in a box in the loft for decades, hidden away never to be used again.
Cherished Gowns UK transform these wedding dresses in to carefully crafted burial gowns for babies that are born too soon, too late or too poorly. These gowns are then donated to hospitals and parents around the UK completely free of charge. Since September 2014 we have transformed over 20,000 Wedding dresses and to date we have made over 100,000 Cherished Gowns. We operate a waiting list system to donate a dress that opens bi-annually usually in January & June and in order to join this you will need a recent photograph of your dress. To be notified of the list reopening please join are newsletter on the right of this page.
- We can only accept dresses that are white, cream, ivory, or oyster in colour.
- We can only accept dresses in good condition. Please do not worry about marks around the bottom of the dress or on the train. We wash each dress before our seamstress start work and work around any marks that do not come out.
- We always try to provide photos of the gowns made from each dress but some sometimes this is not always possible. Please make sure when you send your dress you include your name and email address so that we can send you any photos that are available
- You will be required to join our waiting list and post your dress to one of our seamstresses once we have reached you on the list.
- We do not offer a keepsake service.
- It can take up to 6 months to fully transform each wedding dress.
Donate a wedding Dress in the UK to make Angel Gowns for Angel Babies, Supplied free of charge in Bereavement Packs to Hospitals, Parents and Funeral Directors, Cherished gowns is not associated with Heavenly Gowns